2.13.2009

Friday the 13th


Paraskavedekatriaphobia == fear of friday the 13th

“An estimated 17 to 21 million people in the
United States are affected by a fear of this day. Some people are so paralyzed by fear that they avoid their normal routines in doing business, taking flights or even getting out of bed.”

Thirteen was definitely the peak of my bad ass days. I used to sneak out at night to drink with boys and take asthma pills
-or least I was told that’s what they were-which made you feel like you were on speed (probably because they are). I lived in the Midwest, and I prescribed to the whole wild child stuck in the heartland kinda stereotype. Anyways, on Friday the 13th I snuck out with my girlfriends to go party in the cornfields (I kid you not). We were taking shots of vodka and it was cold as fuck out and we were thirteen and we got so so so drunk. I ended up somehow getting home, but one of my friends did not. She stumbled into a strangers home and puked all over their entrance way claiming to be Elaine from Seinfeld. The cops came, they woke up my parents, my parents found me and my other friend completely incoherent in the basement. I was grounded for like a month, and I had to go to court for underage drinking (we’re talking about the Bible belt here). If you know me now, I was much cooler at thirteen.

Do you have any crazy Friday the 13th Stories???

1 comment:

Ohhello said...

i have one...
one friday the 13th when i was around 10, i woke up to sound of pounding at my front door. i lied in bed terrified at the prospects of a monster in my foyer. i heard the sound of my mothers sleepy footsteps approach the door. "My daughter?" she questioned. turned out i had this like zany drunk sister or something....i forget how the story ends. danielle?